Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Shallots
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
4 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
A little sweet and a little salty, this side dish stands out.
- 5 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 202
- Fat 6.3g
- Satfat 0.9g
- Monofat 4.5g
- Polyfat 0.9g
- Protein 2.9g
- Carbohydrate 34.9g
- Fiber 4.8g
- Cholesterol 0.0mg
- Iron 1.2mg
- Sodium 278mg
- Calcium 55mg
How to Make It
Heat 4 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add shallots to pan, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with sugar; cook 20 minutes or until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place potatoes in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper; beat until blended. Spoon into a bowl; top with shallots, and drizzle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.